The LTA have issued new advice for tennis venues and players. Please ensure that you read the updated advice before you play again – please click here.
Based on the advice no-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of the following:
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Players need to be aware that undertaking any activity, including tennis, has the potential for increased risk of transmission of COVID-19, and advise attendees to read the Government’s guidance on staying safe outside your home
The Committee is reviewing the remaining guidance before making any further changes. If you have any queries please email the office staff on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have noticed that certain measures are no longer being strictly followed. To recap the measures that have been put into place are for all our safety. Please see the measures below:
- For informal play, group size is limited to a maximum of six players by law.
- People should not travel to or from the club in groups larger than six.
- Please only come to the club to play if you have booked a court. Members are permitted to book one court per day (1.5 hours) – these can be booked through Clubspark and there is a link to the booking system on the homepage of the website together with an instruction sheet and a Q&A.
- You must vacate your court 5 minutes prior to the scheduled booking time end.
- Please ensure that you use sanitiser on your hands prior to play and after play. There are bottles of sanitiser by the floodlights switch and by the grit bin in the car park.
- If you book a court and then find you are unable to play for whatever reason, ensure that you cancel your booking so it is then available for other members – instructions are on the Q&A sheet which is on the homepage of the website.
- If you wish to play a match against a non-member, email the office staff prior to your game for approval and to arrange payment of the £5.00 guest fee.
- The clubhouse and all social areas remain closed, however the disabled toilet is open for members’ use.
Given the number of bookings that are not being cancelled and the numerous related complaints from members we have received, persistent offenders will now start to lose their booking privileges for a period of time. After an initial warning email, the first suspension will be for one week.